Rated C for my second confinement

Like any obedient mothers, they aimed for a proper confinement routine. I pledged the same as an improvement & lesson learnt.I didnt loose all my pregnancy weight the last time. I returned to my pre pregnancy weight after 9 months - when I stopped breastfeeding & started to workout. My 1st confinement was OK, I gave myself a B-. I religiously did my tungku & wore bengkung 24 hours for 44 days. However, meal wise was more of a convinient rather than kukus & bakar. Mak pulak tak strict bab makan pantang (yes, blame it on her).

So, will this 2nd confinement be any different? Ive completed my 14 days, with 30 days to go. Niat-wise, I do aim to hit 44 days mark. But I have to confess all the sins Ive committed below which I feel had downgraded myself to a rating C in my 2nd convinement this time.

1. I stayed for 8 nights at the hospital. I opted for confinement menu which suits to my liking. But, I either not had it on time due to my breastfeeding routine at NICU or its already cold by the time I received the meal

2. On my 7th day at the hospital, I went out to Bangsar Shopping Centre for some fresh air. Lepak with hubby at Dome.No one noticed that I actually just had a csect a week ago unless they noticed me walking extra slow. I ordered hot ginger tea to lessen the guilt.

3. I didnt know soya is angin. I had been drinking them several times out of ignorance for milk supply. So far, Im ok

4. Hubby at times not keen me cooking & prefers to buy. He had been feeding me ayam percik knowing its my fave. So, Ive been taking santan few times now.

5. On my 14th day, Nana came to the house with choc moist cake from kenduri kahwin. I finished one small container with no guilt. Hell yes, it tasted so good. I had 1 giant size of pandan layer cake the next day too heh

6. Ive been taking cold shower this last few days. Apparently, my water heater not working at this point of time & we cant locate the warranty card ughhh... And Im so malas to boil the water manually cos my house is under water rationing for 2 days off/on. So far, My body can tahan. No pening or seram sejuk.

7. I have not started my tungku at all. Am planning soon dont know when. Yikes!

The plus point in this 2nd confinement compared to my last are :

1. I completed my 3 days urut, pilis, param & mandi akar kayu. Thanks to my confinement lady from Blessed Beauty Centre. 2 hours of massage is soooo good.

2. I cooked a very decent lauk pantang - mostly ikan marinated with sesame oil & light soy sauce. Either I pan fry on non stick pan or I grill in the oven. I ate hot rice with few pinches of lada hitam too.

3. I sip my water while sitting down instead of gulping them down standing.

I guess C is an objective assessment. Didnt improve much. But I have to admit that my recovery is faster than I thought. In fact, I personally think csect recovery is easier & faster than normal birth. At 30 hours, I already walked slowly to NICU at Level 2 when my ward is at Level 3. My walking & movement have been soft for the first 5 days but felt stronger day by day. On 7th day when Im off painkiller, I didnt feel any sting or burning sensation to the cut. Coughing no longer adding pain to my abdomen. I only feel sore if I didnt sit properly during breastfeeding. Alhamdullillah. I hope my next few weeks are equally smooth or better. My next gynae appointment is in 2 weeks where Ill be 1 month post csect to check if everything is healed as it should be.

Its never too late to start the routine right. Who knows Ill be more disciplined in my remaining pantang days & self upgrade to B+? 

Will see.

Comments

Popular Posts