Im a milking cow

Ive been reading a lot to fill my time when baby Zaeem is asleep or while Im breastfeeding. Since Im aiming to exclusively breastfeed, every mom concern is on the milk supply - is the baby getting enough. I must say I loveeee breastfeeding. Its such an intimate bonding a mom & baby can have. So who cares about saggy breast or cut down calorie intake post natal.

The rule says increase calorie intake to 300-500 per day. That means Im taking average 1600 yikes!..And focus for more protein, calcium & healthy fats. So what is my daily menu for the past few weeks now?

DAILY CONFINEMENT MENU
THEME : Nutritiously low fat, milk booster

Rising - 7 am
Enfamama choc milk (yumm) 
Whole meal bread/oat/nestum

Morning snack 
Kurma/fruits

Lunch - 1 pm
Hot rice with pinches of black pepper
Chicken/fish grilled with sesame oil/light soy sauce with honey/ginger(optional)
Tumis sayur sawi/kucai/ulam Melayu

Afternoon snack 
Kurma/fruits

Dinner - 7 pm
Hot rice with pinches of black pepper
Chicken/fish grilled with sesame oil/light soy sauce with honey/ginger(optional) 
Tumis sayur sawi/kucai/ulam Melayu


Supper
Goat's milk/Horlick/cream crackers

As you can see, lunch & dinner are the same, hence dont blame me for the cheatings I had. But its mild anyway, no big deal.

My fluid for the whole day either warm water infused with red dates or habatusssauda I ordered from my colleague in Sudan (sekilo nok!). Hubby has been supportive too. After he got back from his hair cut (Ian's too - father son bonding), he bought me chinese herb in 3 small packets. "Rebus ini herbs sama dengan betik muda dalam periuk", katanye lah. I thought papaya is banned for its angin or sejuk. Im sceptical but to refuse his noble effort could result to war. So I checked with my sis, Kak Su.Based on her perbidanan melayu experience (she has 6 kids - so proven credibility when it comes to beranak & berpantang subjects), true papaya is a big no. But I googled just in case, & happy to know yes, pucuk betik or daun betik proven to boost milk supply. Ok lah papa, I'll try for your sake lah. Hope tak pahit & didnt affect adversely to me & baby Zaeem. Surprisingly, taste is not bad. But Ill start with 1 mug dulu before gulping down the whole periuk ye.

Anything for baby Zaeem, I dont mind mooing for you sayang. Afterall, what's  motherhood if its not for the sweet sacrifices. Glad to milk for you he..he.. 

Pics of my menu - ikan masak pindang, ayam bakar with sesame oil/soy sauce, dory bakar, chinese herbs boiled with betik muda (hubby suruh )







Comments

Popular Posts