Entering to a happier 2016

As cliche as it sounds, I bod farewell to close my 2015 with much gratitude and wishing for an improved happiness next year. Yes, happiness. 2016 WILL BE A YEAR OF HAPPINESS. How important does it to me?. How much effort do I need to keep myself happy?. Owh... did I say effort? I thought happiness is a natural thing that universe find itself to your door. Hence effort is zero. Bukankah?

After much article I read from my fave mindbodygreen.com website, I realized it does require efforts. Just like maintaining a good living requires de-cluttering of old bad habits, you do need to put effort to be happy.

How? By loving yourself more, create and give more love to yourself. So, my priorities are to commit to below:

1. Pamper yourself
- your me time will now means a good massage that knead the stress away, a romentic comedy movie treat that laugh your misery away, a happiness cup of coffee that put the dateline off to the sides or a trip to Prada or Miu Miu to feast your eyes.
- i have done it before. I need to do it often, once a month at least

2. Enjoy present moment
- I had a great year end from Cherating trip, cooking lunch over weekends, sending Ian to his 1st day of school and Zaeem to his Paed follow up. Being there for them, with them participating in every minute doing things together is a sure winner of happiness. I feel loved. I feel at ease. Lazimnya, our mind will be distracted to little things like susu tumpah atas karpet kesayangan (urgh), toys bersepah (again) yang membunuh momen momen ibu, isteri, keluarga bahagia. Itulah cabarannya bagi ibu bekerja. Jangan idamkan jadi wonderwoman jika apa yang dapat hanya stress -  angan angan yang sia sia, cantik dipandang, tapi stress memanjang.

3. Lebih candid & spontan
- I over analyze things membuatkan action itu lambat dan silap haribulan KIV sampai terlupa. Semudah nak call mak kat kampung - sorry Mak, call esok bukan hari ini. Nak register masuk marathon - ada masa ke? Jam Omega tu asyik memanggil manggil namaku dalam mimpi - tak selfish ke swipe credit card to splurge that much for myself? Ya rabbi, end up nothing happen. I am not an impulse person which has many advantages, but if its for own self perhaps no harm. After all, I am someone yang kedekut dan calvulative dengan diri sendiri. Bak kat dst mite, 'if you think you are deserving, you should give priority to yourself more' (jangan sentap.). Belajar to trust the universe yang mendetik hati agar ambil kesempatan dan peluang depan mata untuk belanja makan, beri derma ikhlas, beli surprised hadiah? Maybe lebih manis saat saat candid tu.

To my beautiful self, you are stretching your self thin juggling your role as a Mother, working mother and a wife. Its a luxury to place priority to yourself, you may think. I know your mom-guilt remains brewing inside you. Tapi, a happy mom makes a happy family. So, chill. Be cool, be merry. Life is short bak kata orang ramai, so be happy while you can.

Have a good year ahead. Be the change you want to see. Create that happy moment. Feel happiness under your wings.

Comments

Popular Posts