Oxford, berry compote, Primark and me Part 2

Day 1 : 12 Dec, London 5°C
I had a wonderful 1st night at Cumberland Marble Arch. The hotel differs from Marriott Champs Elysee - its crowded with business traveller, its noisier, even it smells different. But the breakfast spread is lovely. As expected, my  appetite for patisserie continues as the buttered croissant never dissapoint me. I ate it with berry compote which by the way is soooo in season. It taste oh my god! Bloody good. Its berry soury with natural sweetness. And the belgian waffle oh my god again! Its super delicious. The hot chocolate sauce is thick yet not too sweet to my liking accompanied with Americano or Latte daily (yes, had these daily OMG). Ahh!! I guess the longer my trip in winter, the more excuse I find in swallowing all the food to warm me up. Heh.. My meeting from morning to lunch went well. I learnt many Msian companies invested in London property and Bayswater is a common food place for Malaysian. In the evening, my 1st visit to Oxford street was ok with first purchase made at Clarks, cost me £30 for a pair of leather burgundy courtshoes. We went to Westfield that night and I settled for another Longchamp bag ordered from home, Ians toy at Entertainer (color factory at £10, he's into drawing lately) and Cath Kidston. A good start for the week.

Day 2-3: 13-14 Dec, wet London
My session with the students has been very inspiring. They inspire me. Young and smart ambitious student, studying at top colleges. Wow.. a privilege that I didnt pursue. If I did pursue the IB offered by Mara, perhaps Ill be in the same league, just perhaps. But being with them makes me visioning my children in 15 years ahead. Will they too pursuing best degrees overseas? Will they survived their own? Will they blend well with foreign culture whilst developing their own personality without compromising their core value? Will they be perfect A's student who cant tolerate tiny failure along the way? Frankly, I dont know!!. But I am visioning them now, am manifesting for good education coming their way. And I'll do my part to channel their curiosity young mind to the right frame, InsyaAllah. At night, Azlin our staff on UL invited us to eat lobster at Lobster & Burger. Famous katanya. Well, I had high expectation as my 1st lobster was when I was in Maputo, Mozambique 8 years ago at the size of Ian's leg!! But it was good, not bad cost me £26 per meal which I find it expensive hehe.. but the dining experience was pleasant and I make new friends. We had dinner with our staff based in London office too. I envy them. I want to be based there too. My motivation? (1) My kids opportunity to experience the school here (2) My kids early exposure to foreign living, a wholesome experience under parents supervision of course (3) my personal enriching experience as a mom, wife, staff living and working abroad.I know dst would love and support the idea..

Day 4 : 15 Dec, Oxford
Oh my, banyaknya I tak tahu pasal under post graduate program di London.. I feel like Im on express lane learning about (1) what are best business school and how they are rated (2) importance in finding the right fit with what the university offers. I was overwhelmed when our ride touring Said Business School, Oxford University. MasyaAllah..cantiknya the scenary. It is so copper brown of winter and I instantly fell in love with the bald trees. The skinny twigs too is beautiful and artististic to my eyes. The old buildings are well maintained, stood proudly in the Oxford town. The sky too was amazingly beatiful. Ya Allah, may the next trip brings us here for my children registration for their undergrad program. Our next trip was to visit MAMGP. If the children becoming engineers,  kan menarik. Haih.. My mind is so good in strategizing. It gives me good vibes and I think other normal mom would do the same discreetly though the verbally tell the world 'they choose what they want to become'.For me who can be a bit control-freak, will see. Otw home, we stopped by at Bicester. For once, I felt I had nothing to shop (serious? Yes, Im serious). I wasnt excited bcos (1) I've done lots of shopping much earlier (2) I dont have space in my luggage, duh. Just bought Burberry handbag for Eta. Lucky her, was a good buy.

Day 5: 16 Dec, 5°C London
We are meeting London Business School, Cambridge for a similar introduction. Its nearby hotel rupanya, I thought at Cambridge itself. What lasted my impression was the classes have a view of Regent park which is soo soothing and beautiful. Beza suasana compared to our local uni. For lunch, we had sumptuous Malay feast at Tuk Din. Sedap giler, I had mee rebus. The other day, we ate at Bonda at Sussex Garden. Nasi Dagang marvelous giler. Sigh.. makan meriah betul. Its our last session with the student, so the afternoon ended at a high note. Am glad to be part of the team.The student gained a lot, so do I. Iylia came over to overnite. No plan in mind, but she was my impromptu tour guide. Was drizzling, but we covered Big Ben, London Bridge, London Eye by train. Jadi lah because I havent had the chance to tour before this due to tight schedule. Next time, Im planning to watch the  theatre and visit Madame Tussarde.

Day 6: Last day at London
I packed the night before with my children at the back of my mind. Frankly, I was happy and my homesick which was thickened has almost exploded. I was happy too to manage to squeeze all purchases into the 2 suitcases. Yeay. Went to Westfield again by train, mahal nye. Dah la cash tinggal sikit, nasib baik Iykia ada. Ronda ronda bought Cath Kidston, Timberland and some souvenirs. I paid Iylia in RM hehe.. By 5.30 pm, I checked out waiting for Hani and driver. Memang tak sabar nak balik.  At Heathrow, the tax refund lane was surprisingly short. Am happy to get  £100 tax refund. Beli biskut and chocolates la pulakkk...  To sum up, visit was good, all objectives intended are met. Owh..lupa. small minus point was on the inflight movie which was way too emotional for me to handle. Fault in our stars. How do you want to be remebered? Sigh.. cried bucket and affect my mood throughout the journey. But upon touch down, my spirit was lifted the moment I saw dst mite and Ian at arrival hall. Weee...

Comments

Popular Posts