My cheeky sprout has now grown

Every fibre in me is with pride to see how excited he is asking about how his daily routine will be once school starts. But this morning, I saw a tiny dot of fear in his eyes. 'Im nervous mama'. The last time I had that looked from him was when we were waiting to enter the OT for some stiches on his forehead due to a bad fall when he was 5. I cant stop my teary eyes as I wastched him containing his fear for the unknown. I saw courage in him at the same time.

My little sprout, whom I love to hug, kiss, snuggle and cuddle so so much is entering standard 1. And I instantly feel old for the time flies so fast, I should have done far millions things. Yes, signs of ageing I know.

The placement of school has not been ideal. Had good and bad argument with dst mite. Our expectations are the same, but getting there has been somewhat different. My take is, all parents wants the best and its a personal choice whether private or public school, KAFA or private ustaz, art music classes, so on and so forth. Im all set to stretch his limit, while dst mite who is far more compassionate than me prefers a soft balancing approach. We havent settled all, nevermind. I told myself one at a time. Else, yang pening is the poor child and Ill gather more facts for a mutual agreement. Deal!

But fetching him from school - him looking for mama papa in the crowded waiting parents at the gate, little shoulder carrying big bag, his lifted face when his eyes spotted us.. priceless. My little sprout has grown. Blessed his tiny soul and his journey ahead Ya Allah, Maha Mengetahui

Comments

Popular Posts