Being axed by my boss, again

1. How do I feel with my current work today?
Sucks. Humiliated. Felt lousy in front of my team.  Credibility gone.

My mistake for not making right judgement. But the way he put me in the spot, that cuts me deep.

My boss relies too much on me even on other work affairs. And his nagging habit, jumpy style make it worse.

2. Has feedback given to him to improve?
No. He tends to take it personally as he doesnt like to be challenged. Past experiences, he had few ex staff being crossed for being too forthright.

Guess, I had to tolerate until I have the courage to be truthful.

3. How other Managers views your dynamics?
They felt sorry for me but didn't comment much. Best bet, to stay away unless being called.

4. How would he view you?
Lacking strategic thinking & insight. He wants me to be ahead, strategic (because he always claim strategic is not his strength. I am to fill his gap)

Strangely, my role by designed is 30% Strategy 70% Operational. In reality, the design looks good on paper but reality bad : operations weigh me down. Hence, the struggle for me to deliver effectively with emphasis on being strategic.

5. He depends on you, that means trust.
Yes and by default. I'm the only Head by hierarchy. After all, it's an easy job for him to hold me accountable, let me integrate and manage the managers underneath.

Duplication exist and I do question my role demarcation with him.

6. Would you work with him in future?
By choice - no. I felt bitter. Sha, my staff once questioned what did he taught us (managers). She made me thinking of his leadership.

7. Why? What did he do wrong?
He is not an inspiring leader and I learn little from him. He is first to take credit and last to be blamed.

He didn't unleash my potential. He didn't give clear direction. He ask questions for us to answer. If we struggle answering, the incompetence is in us.

8. 3 things he done good to you?
Few, but hard to think of any. Too upset to search for one.

I am moving to a new Business, new role in GNE. 3 years in PDB taught me many. I hope I am being missed by my team. They know me. That comforting. 

Good luck boss N, you continue to carry the fort without me. 

Comments

Popular Posts