Working mom re-defined


My 19 years of working has now been redefined. Never thought I would finally experience Working From Home (WFH),💌💌 sadly out of fear for the COVID 19 pandemic rather than by choice. But, God is the best planner. There's so many blessings unfold in disguise.

This phenomenon shocked me as I never imagined Msia would be hit hard. Immediate life adjustment is key to survive. From Wuhan outbreak since mid Feb, the anxiety began to hit home. We were more cautious, no outings and weekends means staying at home. We had clinic visit (Zaeem not well) and quick dinner at Vichuda.

Company called for Split Working Arrangement. I fall under Team B, that means I worked from home for the 1st time ever on 16 March when Team A at the office. With laptop, I find comfort at the study corner in Mak's room. Completed 3 weeks now, I adjusted well. Once a while, curious  kids would breaking in to check on what I'm doing. And Spotify as background yeay!!

During the first few days, I woke up & did my 5km run around the block and checked in office around 8.45 am. Felt soo good & productive. Slept well too. Had frequent breaks & cooked lunch ninja style. Lunch at 12.30 pm & resumed at 2pm. Checkout out 6.30 pm average. So all in all, I must say I am at ease with WFH and things have been GREAT!

Kids? Well technically, the 1 week cuti sekolah was extended when MCO announced. They were obviously happy. Ian started Google Class, online tuition classes and did homework from his teachers. UPSR dates maintain to-date, but I don't worry much if it postponed. National exam is nothing more  important than kids safety.

But Zaeem, oh dear. We struggle to get him to complete his homework. When he did complete, I felt bad the same time as I got him done with me in high pitch voice and threaten to reduce game-time (yikess.. not proud, but hubby is worse). Zaeem is just too cheeky and adorable, he did get his way out. Hubby gave in too much doesn't help me either. As usual, I got to jump in to follow up his homework & being tough like a mad cikgu garang. This part, am not too happy with hubby and is kindof frustrating. Sigh..

Having said that, food at home is abundance. Of cos hubby did very well when it comes to grocery shopping, I can't beat him on this. Comfort food to Ian is Nestum 3-in-1, hubby had his maggi fix and Zaeem loves his banana cakes. Me - the humble cream cracker and Milo O at night. 

How much has the new routine impact me? A lot. I deserve 5 star for able to cook lunch, tea snacks & dinner daily on top of gully committed with WFH (putting aside the repeated menus). 

My dear self, u proved urself again that u are a machine! Productive, committed and driven. Wow wow!

But underneath you... it may have cost u stress and tired. Resentment?. Be careful girl. Don't push yourself too far, you got no one to prove. This will eat you up silently and all those young-beauty-facial efforts all wasted. No-no you don't.

Go easy, be fun & merry. 💋

Love always.


Comments

Popular Posts