My quest in finding purpose, meaning, happy

These are the beautiful pictures of Copenhagen in my recent business trip in learning what makes the Danes the happiest people in the world. 

Amazing view, we took the 1 hour boat ride to see the city. I count my lucky stars everytime I woke up. 

Meeting the corporate people from various successful companies was really an eye opener. They welcomed us with open arms and inspired us by their work culture. They are honest, humble and direct, we understood them easily. Unlike us, we are brutally hardworking, obedient and overthinking.

What matters for the employees are:

- purpose at work, respect, trust and empowerment

For the everyday people, how to live life like the Danes and be happy? In a nutshell, they value PURPOSE and MEANING in life which defines their happiness.  These are what they do:

a. Love oneself. Enjoy the moment, be healthy and merry.

b. Spend time with family and friends. Work life balance rules.

c. Respect others.

d. Give back to the society and the world. Sustainability is a common agenda.

e. Be present. Do not multitask or complicate things. 

Happiness is when you achieve alignment to self, work and society. And that is something for me to achieve.

So I pledge to make baby steps and create happy moments. And it starts today.

Comments

Popular Posts