New routine, new improved skill

Before

Reached home almost 10pm in office attire. Straight to the kitchen for a drink and did a quick clean up. Load 1 laundry bag for a wash. On the way to stairs for shower, grabbed toys and books on the floor. Finished shower, quick check Ian to finish his homework and packed his school bag. Oh Zaeem poo. So basuh poo and get ready with his night milk bottles. On the way up to my room to call the night off, I realized the kitchen dustbin has not emptied - call dst mite to remind him. The moment I was about to shut my eyes to sleep, I remembered the laundry in the washing machine yet to hang to dry. Nevermind, sidai esok subuh. 

Now

Though I am not a madame of leisure and never plan to be one, my new routine has lift off huge administrative burden. I now cook daily and it has been very satisfying. I wake up at 6 am cooking and the menu has been cyclical to what they like - Ian's favourite is kurma daging while Zaeem is tomyam ayam. Snacks include beef pepperoni pizza, sausage puff or popiah which I made them in big batch, frozen ahead.

Bibik has been a blessing with her at home. Knowing your kids are settled at home, cukup makan rehat and cheerful - the working mom guilt is much much reduced. And my cooking has now improved, so happy..

Check this out..

1. Kari kepala ikan salmon. Made this twice, santan version and susu sejat version. OMG, sedap

2. Sabah udang and sotong. Bought 5kg from last KK trip, finished about RM200. Did buttered prawn (kena practice lagi), many version of tempuras, sweet sour, gulai lemak and develish sambal.

3. Butterscotch breadbutter pudding. Did blueberry cake which turned out well.

Comments

Popular Posts