Syurga di bawah tapak kaki Mak


I am now nursing Mak at home. Not so much of trying to do the right thing, but more of my a duty call to ensure she is recovering well, her meds are timely and well being are being taken care of. 18 years alone in Taiping has always been her pride as a sign of independence. She insist to keep her own pace and space agar tak susahkan anak anak. Yet now, she has no option but to oblige to the fact that her health and safety demands her to be near with her children.
 
Frankly, I never thought to have her staying with me. Neither do her. But I am happy to accomodate her needs as much as I can. It has been 3 months post Raya mak under my care. She still has her appetite and degil to do things her way, but I like to think it is something manageable. Her recovery improved and Ian and Zaeem filled her day. I must admit at times I was being tough on her as I tend to 'fix' her rather than nurse her as an immobile mother who at the same time is scared, anxious of her outlook and traumatic post fall. Her lack of will power doesnt make any easier for me too. I love Mak, I do. So if at times I tertinggi suara dek sentap ngan Mak (yes, it happens sometimes), I akan minta maaf before I put her to bed. Otherwise, guarenteed I won't sleep well overwhelmed by the the guilt and the frustration of her not helping. I guess, itulah penangan kasih ibu as how we hear it.
 
Mak suffered a mild stroke that none of us knew, neither herself. She had few falls & tripped her legs at Fraya's back in Ramadan in July. The turning point was post Raya at Eta's toilet. She slipped and her left leg seemed heavier. Eta dropped her at my place the next day, where during Subuh prayer she fell on the carpet. It bothered me. Trip to the toilet was a nightmare, lifting was not easy under all 3 might. Had sleepless night as I dont have a peace of mind keeping her under my care with this condition. I admitted her to Tropicana Medical Centre on 13.7.2016 at 7am. And after many examinations, MRI, CT scan, blood test and series of medical history, the next 13 days was a life changing revelation. In fact, dst mite birthday was low key due to daily routine comuting to TMC.
 
Cervical spondylosis? Cervical spondylosis is an age-related degeneration ('wear and tear') of the bones (vertebrae) and discs in the neck. The nerves become irritated or 'pressed on' by the degenerative changes. So, cervical spondylosis often causes no problems but can be a cause of neck pain, particularly in older people. If severe, it may cause pressure on nerve roots with subsequent sensory or motor disturbances, such as pain, paresthesia, and muscle weakness in the limbs.
 
Mak returned safely home with a wheelchair and a urine bag. Sayu but the mystery was over now. She look forward under proper care with new meds and physio routine to strengthen her legs. Most importantly, she had hope that things are improving for the better. I must say she did confront her own fear of doctors and hospital trip. At 71, arent we all shared the same fear? Well done mak for the courage. Follow up surgery scheduled at Hospital Putrajaya on 4.10.2016 and it was a success alhamdulillah. Sisterhood and Abang have been nothing but great for Mak. We are all by her side. I am grateful that all of us managed the hospital routine and check up roster was equally well. 14 days in the hospital, I commuted daily via ERL  or riding Eta. Great to discover a great Food Court at Presint 8(I think).
 
Anyway, Mak is getting better. She regained her confidence to walk. She no longer on urine bag. Her new routine is weekly physio with Adik Ilham, therapist from Tropicana Medical Centre and accupunture at nearby PJ. I am happy. These trying times have been an enriching experience. Surprisingly, I discovered the compassion that I never new I had. Dst Mite is a bliss. Now the puzzles answered by itself, he took care of Mak like her own. And he reminded me of Mak makan minum. Tuhan saja yang membalas masa dan tenaga ikhlas nyam My maid, she is a God sent. She is so happy and have been Mak's personal aide and friends since Mak short trip at my house. I guess, Mak feels safe sharing her honest feeling to Bibik than to her children, as we might bising later! Thank you bibik, murah rezeki dan sihat selalu doa saya. All I want for Ian and Zaeem is for them growing up to learn the value of being a good son, son in law, good brotherhood in keeping your family close to you and pay your deeds to your parents. Itu saja my niat. Moga kami sekeluarga dirahmati. Moga Mak sihat and walks freely as before.


 

Comments

Popular Posts