Monalisa, croissant, Champs Elysee and me - Part 1

My 1st assignment in my new role - accompany Mam to Paris & London for conference and leadership engagement. Wow Fancy! Thats what people at the corridor may think. But not quite, as Ive learned a lot in this trip.
1. What are top issues in her mind now. Her priority & concern.
2. Who is TSP that you dont know.
3. Tips on managing leadership team

Work aside, the immediate thing came to mind is Zaeem. My baby Zaeem who is clingy, biting yet comel and adorable. Sedihnya nak tinggal, so setempayan jugak la menangis.

Day 0 : 7 Dec, 1°C
Upon checked in at Marriott Champs Elysee, my excitement cannot be concealed. I never consider myself an avid fan to historical art, but I do value the amazing effort behind the intricacies of an amazing painting, beautiful sculpture and the hidden history behind every great masterpiece. My half day visit to Musee de Lourve worth every second of 2.5 hours of queuing. Though my history knowledge is little, I must confess the masterpieces, art sculpture & paintings are all amazing. I cant imagine the artist skillfully captured every details that successfully brought the piece to live. Bak kata Yeyen 'awesome'. Indeed it does. We walked back to hotel passing by the green lushes park, the love bridge and we ended at Gallery La Fayette. Weather was so cold that my aching feet were numb despite the miles of legwork.

Day 1-3 : 8-10 Dec
The conference went well and I maximized the opportunity I had to network. I do feel intimidated since Im guessing Im the yougest and my fashion style and choice of handbag did not resemble Parisian. Duh! Obviously. The nights we spent visiting Eiffel Towers. OMG, it was so beautifully lit and I felt like crying watching how beautiful it is. The old couple kissing with Eiffel view makes me homesick. Wish dst was here. Its so romantic and definiteky in my to do list before I die. We had dinner at one of the new museum where the 3 course fine french dining took us 3 hours to finish. We were so sleepy, we cant figure out what we ate. I visited few boutiques, LV, Longchamp, Bvlgary and yours truly La Duree. The macaroon, oh no so sedap. Its €2.5 a piece, so a bite a day to savour the taste heh.. On our last nite, we went for a stroll at Christmas Market that reached us to Paris de Rouge. The market was so cheerful and fun, and I was stating to miss Paris.

Day 4 : 11 Dec.
I learnt that Zaeem was not well sigh, and he had 2 upper teeth rooting. Kiut!! After morning meeting, we checked out heading to Gare du Nort station for 6 pm train.  Its comot, the other side of Paris. As it was dark, I cant view the window. I learnt Eurostar is remarkable in its built too, underwater tunnel ?Paris started to root in me, I love every aspect of it. The winter leave I collected as memory too. I love the view, history, building. I pledge to visit again, woth my family. Perhaps Disneyland next yime nd the factory outlet. Upon arrival at St Pancras London with the heavy luggages, we were welcomed by London team. Happy that my 1st assignment completed with no drama. Boss seemed happy and Im halfway nearing home.

Comments

Popular Posts