We are officially four!


21.2.2013 Friday

AM
Was on MC. Reliefed settled office work. My superior understood the need to rest prior delivery. So routine has been the same - visit to gynae, lunch, laundry, rest. I took every opportunity to send Ian to school as I knew I may not have the opprtunity later once adik is born. Straight to gynae, did my Vit B IV drip (2nd session worth RM 148 at personal expense heh) and CTG. Mild contraction and adik heartbet responded well.yeay. So, bid farewell to Dato Nora hoping to see her next Monday at OT, as I agreed to schedule my planned csect at 1 pm.

12 noon
 Had lunch & headed home to rest. The beauty of a scheduled delivery is I can prepare mentally the procedure & recovery. But the best part, I can clean  the house like mad. My nesting instinct has quadrupled. After completed 2 dozens of Ian's 6th bday party, did some mopping at the hall & last round of laundry. Quick rest & went to Tok Mommy's to fetch Ian. 

8 pm
Unexpectedly, labor show started. Felt small gush down my panty. Doubt its a urine, fear for a blood, I rushed to the toilet. Wet, clear liquid. Hmmmm... Amniotic fluid could it be. Smiling alone, I put on my pad & getting ready to Tok Mommy's house. Told hubby to bring along my hospital bag. In the car, I was over concious if I leaked further. I timed for contraction & baby kicks. Didnt tell hubby,wanted to wait & see. Didnt hv appetite to eat dinner. Conversation with mommy as usual.Deep down, Im wondering if I can catch Ian's birthday party planned on Sunday. Otherwise, party as planned without me. Hmmm...

10 pm. 
On my way home, told hubby that I leaked & its continuous. Agreed to wait for the nite

22.2.2014 Saturday
2 am
Didnt sleep much. Still leaking despite lying on the bed. Should head to Pantai or wait to meet Dato Nora 1st thing esok? Agreed to wait.

7 am
Shower & woke Ian up. We dropped by at Tok Mommy's to send Ian. Kissed him dearly & told him mama will stay at hosp as adik is coming out soon. He promised to behave; smiled.

9 am
Told nurses to alert Dato. She did ultrasound & skip CTG. Agreed to bring forward csect to today at 1 pm. As I have mentally prepared, I obeyed with mixed feelings - nervous & excited. Went to Pantai & prayed that all will progress smoothly. Felt so blessed that its ending soon & hubby has always been by my side all the time throughout this pregnancy. Glimpse at zikir doa nabi Yunus in the car before terlupa.

12 noon
Parking & admission was a breeze. Pushed to OT after being changed. BP reading was ok. Epidural was ok. I was more alert receiving he epi compared to my last (bcos I was distracted by the strong contraction). Done by anesthetics Dato Raj, was calmed &  gentle. The moment the epi sink to my lower hips, felt uncomfortable not to feel my leg. Felt annoyed too heh. Was put on oxygen which was not comfortable. At that point, I realized how medical procedure it is. Staring at the OT light thinking blank. Did zikir until hubby came to accompany. Since I was on drip, hubby did light massages on my forehead throughout the procedure. Cant hold his hand. It makes me cry. Yes, I cried in silence throughout my procedures. Heard Dato Nora talking to the nurses, but tears went running down. I felt nervous, humbled, small. Asking God to give me a new opportunity to be a mother - a better mother, a better wife. At this point, I felt so small for asking Him when I have not being a perfect Muslim servant. Flashes of my 38 weeks pregnancies racing in my mind. I did a lot of doa & zikir praying for all ends well & healthy me and baby in the end. 

1.25 pm
Dato Nora said "Nadiah, Im pulling the baby out ok.." I nod in tears & looked at hubby. Heard small few cry & all Im saying was Alhamdullillah. Tears becoming rain, hubby kissed my forehead.few minutes, the nurses came over to my head & declaring the baby is a boy. I kissed baby on his head &; looked at him.. So tiny wrapped in stiff papers. He looked so calm quiet. He was next to me for few minutes. Wish can hold him immediately, but I cant. Was a swift & glad that Ive delivered finally. Grateful & blessed

2.30 pm
Return to my room, was on transit in 2 bedded as single room was full. Met hubby & he informed me baby is healthy but is put in NICU for observation. 1.78 kg. hmmm... Hope all is well, cant wait to see & hold him. Cant wait to breastfeed him. So, rested & counting my blessing while thinking of my cute tiny baby. In the mean time, I was thinking of Ian & his bday party esok. Guess mama misses the fun, not sure if papa will be there as well since adik has not settled down. Trust its in good hands of Neer & the crew. Starting to miss Ian.

5 pm
Mom, Eta & Fraya came to visit. So does Neer, Asri, Nana & family. Told hubby to go home & rest since nothing much. Baby in NICU & Im fasting. So have to wait til esok. Waiting makes me impatient, so didnt sleep much despite I didnt sleep the nite before. 

23.2.2013 Sunday
3 pm
My 24 hours post csect was in agony of waiting.Recovery was well, alhamdullillah. Was elated when the nurse allowed me to visit NICU for breastfeeding. Wheeled with hubby, saw adik in incubator to regulate his body temperatur. He's tiny from far, still tiny from near. He looks so delicate & fragile. Maybe becos of his size. Maybe becos I never hold a new born, its been ages. His face was cute, looks like his brother. Counted his tiny fingers, toes. He looks perfect. Never asked for more God. He is perfect, perfect for us. I promised to raise him well, nurturing him under good guidance & teaching. May Allah grant me the opportunity with good health, rezeki & kasih sayang sekeluarga yang melimpah ruah. May he become a good son,a healthy boy, respectful & responsible dunia akhirat. InsyaAllah




24.2.2014 Monday - 26.2.2014 Wednesday

The next few days has been a feeding routine.  3 hourly, I will walk from my ward L3 to NICU L2 for feeding, day & nite. I have wanting to breastfeed since day 1 I got pregnant. I didnt sleep well, my body clock has run auto either to express milk or to directly feed. My interval was short when not in NICU at my ward, I showered, eat & nap.No visitor gave me peace of mind. I was cheered by visit from hubby at nite, Abang Ian & immediate siblings & inlaws. Im well recovered, discharged on Wed. Thanks to my active walk.my recovery was fast & felt stronger. Maybe presence of adik define me a new meaning of motherhood, deeper hence I feel strong. Was cleared to discharge home. But since adik is still in NICU & 1st blood test result is only ready by Fri, I decided to readmit myself to ease feeding. Guess, hospital is my 2nd home now. Admitted to 4 bedded room under personal acccount, RM 98 per nite. PMC was kind enough to give me privacy, I got the whole room myself. No TV but its great.

27.2.2014-2.3.2014 Thursday - Sunday
Feeding has been well, supply has improved. Adik gained weight to 1.93 kg, jaundice dropped from 220 to 170. Detailed 1st blood test showed no anamoly to major organs. Chromosome is XY  Alhamdullillah. Sleepless nite I had for the whole weeks gave me relief. Counting my blessing again. Discharge on Sunday bit late, due to the bills. Settled at 5 pm with news that AIA picked up my lodging bill as well. Goodness, God has been too kind. Am so grateful. Furthermore, Im off painkiller. Alhamdullilah didnt feel any burning feeling at the cut like what others told. Maybe I didnt feel it becos I didnt even focus at it in the first place. Alhamdullillah again. Total bill both of us slightly over RM 20K, grateful its covered. Trip home was a sweet one. We wnt home all four of us, with abang Ian sitting in front. He has been kissing adik & caressing adik's head & face. "he's cute mama". "Yes sayang, he's cute just like you" . Smiling. 










Comments

Popular Posts