closure to my 38 weeks

26 feb (tuesday) : 1600 hours

"if i were you, i'll get myself checked just to be sure ". ok hanim and off i went to primanora leaving behind my messy desk. the moment dr nora saw me, she clapped her hand which i later joined her , don't know why. she said brown discharge it's a symptom for an early labor but early may varies from 2 days to 2 weeks. but, i felt relieved yet excited as i know everything going to be fine and sooner than expected. so we headed home, did some laundry and had a short nap before leaving home for dinner & cake eating session at kg tunku.

26 feb (tuesday) :2015 hours

what i thought of my urine was actually my waterbed. okayy..so this is how it looks. still shocked with the situation when my waterbed broke at mummy's house, i had a quick dinner and rushed home to casa to pick up our things. excited! yes, this is it.!! we went to PMC and i managed myself making phone call to hanim.

26 feb (tuesday) :2200 hours

checked in at the PMC, got myself changed and waited. i was still unsure on what next. but went i step in to the delivery room, i had flashes of questions for the unknown. why i haven't feel any pain, i mean, should i be in pain now ? at least, i'm glad dr nora confirmedd she will conclude my delivery as she'll only be departing on thursday, so, i know it's going to be a quick one. mummy later came with some cholocate cake since`i missed`the birthday cake session earlier. somehow i vowited later as the effect for the shot the nurse jap me earlier had manipulated me.

27 feb (wednesday) :0000 hours

they inserted the ubat into my vagina to induce labor. contraction started to set in. i was so excited to check my contraction-tolerance level, so i checked the reading every 30 seconds. kalau below 20 means none, above 20 is still considered a teaser. ermm..ok, i can go through this insya-allah. but at times, reading shot up hgh to 70 - 80. gulp.. ok.. boleh tahan jugak sakitnye he..heh... sure need epidural punya..since i was yet to dilate, the epidural will be given later. so, now comes the waiting-to-be-fully-dilated game and owww-my-god, the pain is beyond any reasonable man can barely imagine. i felt papa dst mite holding my hand, rubbing my forehead which i sometimes did not find it helpful. and i remembered i was annoyed when he didn't count my contraction gap properly. (sorry sayang, sakkiittt)

27 feb (wednesday) :0200 hours

the only thing i recalled were i was drowsy with the ethonox and fighting the deep pain. i breathe in deep. and as i breathe out hard against the contraction, i felt the baby head coming out, and out. somehow in between the pain and the drowsiness, i was shocked out of sudden when the aneasthetian appeared and mentioned about epidural shot will be given now. to top it up, i learnt that i was already 6 cm dilated. what ? after i had won half of the battle, why now ? nevermind, not that i can bear another 4 cm worth of pain to walk gracefully to the finishing line anyway. the numbness started to get in and i am calmer than ever. however, i find it so anti-climax and so odd for being too calm and too numb. i can't feel my leg, not even my toe.

27 feb (wednesday) :0300 hours

after some few attempts to push (not because pushing was hard, but i don't know how & where to push as the effect of epidural was so strong), the baby finally came out. i was eye to eye with him and i felt a big mix of emotions : sad and in joy at the same time. happy to see that i am actually holding baby ian with my own bare hands. god is great.

dr nora finished the placenta and gave me few closing stiches before saying goodbye to the rest of the team. i was put to rest with the baby and started to breastfeed him. god is so great. it works like a miracle. the baby natural instinct latched on well and the feeling of motherhood amuses me and makes smile with pride. i just won the battle, and now is a new beginning. i'm the new proud mother to this adorable little baby.



whilst waiting to be transfered to the ante natal room at 3rd floor, screaming of mommy-next-door filling the atmosphere. shouts of encouragement from the nurses made me smile. i saw myself crossing the finishing line once again with triumph joy and loud cheer. i finished my delivery well. and i know mommy-next-door is too

post delivery comment :

i guess none of the nurses expected i dilated sooner that average 1st time mother. 1st check - 0 cm. 2 hours later for 2nd check - 6 cm. 1 hour after - delivery time. alhamdullillah, i exceeded my own expectation, better than i imagined. and papa dst mite too deserve an A+ rating for the well done job.

hurray!! baby ian iskandar weighing 3.0 kg safely arrived on 27 feb at 0300 hours. he was delivered at his 38 weeks.

ian lepas sunat, a day after delivery

under phyto light for the prolonged jaundice

Comments

Popular Posts